Monday, February 15, 2010

Promise

My father always tells me that I should give my best in whatever I choose to do.He tells me that its my duty to do my best in my endeavors and not worry about the outcome.
Today as I officially hit the wrong side of twenty all the philosophy suddenly begins to make sense.All this time,I have practically lived with a perpetual guilt of always procrastinating and never having given my all in the things I care about,in the things I want to do.
And likewise after every outcome irrespective of good and bad,I have been left wondering if things would have been different had I given my best.
People think I'm lucky.Perhaps I'm,because despite my insincerity things have not really gone terribly wrong so far.
But I think enough is enough.Today as I turn 26,I'm making a promise to myself that I shall be sincere in everything I undertake-leave no stone unturned in my efforts to achieve excellence in whatever I pursue.
Would I be disappointed if I don't achieve the outcome I'm looking for? sure I will
but its going to be a lot better than bearing the guilt of not having given enough.
Its my job to do my best.And I shall do my job.
Amen

1 comment:

SK said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Nice self observation on the beautiful day. Keep it up. May be I or someone will ask you again when you are 27.

Have a nice day.
-SK.