Thursday, March 26, 2009

Maternal instincts

I was doing a short term course in risk management in hyderabad.my parents had earlier gone and selected the women's hostel for me.my mom set the room allrite,did everything possible so that i did not need to go to the bank,the market or the stationery shop for almost a month.

then she left.i was all alone in the city.a strange city all by myself.i was afraid and apprehensive but as days passed,life moved on,i made a new circle of friends and forgot the apprehension and fear i had felt when she left.

during my exam time i had to change hostels .i went and settled in a different room.had too much in my mind to bother about how homely the room looked.and life went on.

till my mom came in the middle of second semester.she stayed for just a day,and spent eaxcatly 3 hours in my room.and suddenly the room felt like the real home.all things organised,clean,it smelt of the familaiar scent.
and that's when it struck me that all these days i was actually away from home.that i was living not in a place that was quintessentially home.

and even now when im staying with my mom,it still takes her effort to clean up my room every weekend to make me feel the feeling of vintage home.

mom's actually have that touch of the magic wand to create the magic.

now this scares me.im a woman and will hopefully eventually become a mom.and then i will be the one who would be supposed to weave this magic.

and it scares the living daylights outta me.

2 comments:

jibak said...

You need not fear...all women are gifted with such supernatural powers of waving the so called "Magic Wand" and create a feeling of comfort and joy. Those powers remain dormant,in every lady waiting for the Nature's Elixir, that's motherhood, by whose touch, the superwoman is eventually released out of a woman....and the rest is "MAGIC"...

Puloma C said...

"Only mothers can think of the future because they give birth of it in their children": Maxim Gorky