Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunshine and rains


I like it when it rains.Makes me feel good and nice especially when it rains post a bad summer spell.The smell of the wet earth is very intoxicating.So is the nip in the air,gusty winds et al.BUt I do not like a prolonged rains.Overcast skies tend to get me depressed and gloomy and make me feel lethargic,in the rainy season-not to mention the messy roads,and the problems to get transport.
so i like rains but not the monsoon season.similarly I like the sun-makes me feel cheerful.Clear,crisp blue skies are so beautiful it hurts.yet i don't like it when the sun is overwhelming bearing down on me.so I like it sunny,but I don't quite enjoy the summers.Summers in India are very torturous.
I'm quite fine with the winters here in kolkata.They are just about perfect,and so are the springs and the autumns.
So i Don't like it from may to august,except for the days it's sunny after a long spell of rains and its raining after a hot spell.
Rest of the year is fine weather wise.
:P

No comments: