Sunday, June 14, 2009

Epiphany


"Beware the Ides of March,"was the soothsayers warning-and ever since those times indeed ,march middle has been associated with something big,and not in a nice way. Friday the thirteenth is a scary day.My father was born on the thirteenth march,and it was a Friday and he is a living genius-definitely not a ghost.So all the superstitions could be misplaced.But that's not what I want to talk about.I digress.
This year the ides of march came in ,and my life changed a great deal.Ever since the middle of march I'm feeling things I so don't want to feel,Seen things I only wished were in the movies and books,and it happened to others.I have faced things I have dreaded all my life or probably convinced myself will always steer clear of,and surprisingly taken it in my stride pretty well,with dignity intact.
Let's talk about the tangible things.Ever since March I'm a confirmed insomniac.I just cant sleep at night-suits me fine,I stay at home all day,so in effect I sleep all day.The only thing I regret is not seeing the sunrise for like 4 months now and the breakfast now consists of the things people have for lunch.:-)
But also these few months have opened new doors for me.I have learnt to appreciate literature ,art,politics ,finance in a whole new way.All the things that were stacked up before in my to so list,is actually slowly turning into my done list.I find myself more confident,more versatile,more in sync with the world and more importantly I'm closer to understanding what the intellectuals talk about and also I can participate in a "intelligent" discussion without feeling like an out cast.
Previously,I just understood what they were saying to an extent and tell myself damn I still have'nt got around to know about it-daammit!!...now it's like I can contribute to the discussion.

All the blogs I read before and was over awed..when I re read them I still appreciate them but it's no more gigantically overwhelming.Yes I'm evolving :-D

Gosh I love my life.I'm glad the " ides"of march came and that my life's not been the same ever since.I like ,I like it very much

No comments: