Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Darkness and light

Asatho Maa Sad Gamaya Thamaso Maa Jyothir Gamaya Mrithyor Maa Amritham Gamaya

Meaning:
Lead me from untruth to truth; Lead me from darkness to light; Lead me from death to immortality.


A skeleton tumbles out of my closet,Stares at me eye to eye
I stare back at it with disbelief,My eyes wide open
A feeling of queasiness and dejection overpower me,
I find myself plummeting down a pitch dark pit
My throat is dry and parched and a fear,a dread envelopes me
I'm cold,I'm shivering and I'm immobile.
I have lost all sense of time,the noises around me have dimmed,
I hear nothing,I see nothing,i feel only fear.

Suddenly I'm stirred,
I take a deep breath,Count to ten,try to focus,
A train of thoughts whiz past me,I try to hold on to them,
Try to make some sense of the indecipherable,incoherent mess
I try to keep my emotions at bay,It takes a lot of effort.
All I feel is an emptiness deep down,a sinking feeling.
But I know life has to go on,denial is no solution,
The burden has to be borne

I hope Time will ease the pain,will heal the wound,
I hope to see the light soon,I start to gather myself up.
Even if I limp,If I struggle,I have to trudge along,My goal has to be reached.
All is not yet lost,But I want to see ,when I look back to this time now,
That this has been a turning point,a rise of the phoenix from the ashes,
A new beginning from a decay,
I want to see amidst the distress,bruise and anguish ,
a lesson has been learnt,and learnt well

No comments: