Saturday, August 15, 2009

one of the things

I realized every time while I'm reading something or watching a film,I have to pause it at regular intervals.Not because I'm bored,and need to take a break,but because something invariably is written in the book,or some dialogue being said in the movie,or some scenes take place that get me thinking.I try to get a perspective of the author or the screen writer.And boom I'm in the "analysis" mode.I don't know why I have to read between the lines.Why I have to sit and contemplate and feel the things,the emotions they portray.I don't know why I try and put myself in the shoes of the character and wonder whether I would have reacted the same way in the situation.Why I try and see if I,being myself have ever faced this before,and how I have reacted to it,and why had I reacted the way I did.

This is why a 120 minutes film gets over in 5 hrs,and a book which ought to be finished in 3 days take 5 days.

Sometimes I wish I could read and watch movies in an unconcerned,in an unaffected way.
But that would make me so placid and dead.
No I'd much rather be "involved".My life vibrates with the throbbing..

No comments: