Sunday, June 28, 2009

Comfortably Numb


I have all the freedom in the world now.I have all the time in my hands,like I have always wanted.No constraints seem to bind me.Yet I want to take a sabbatical from it all.All of a sudden I want to be left alone.I don't feel like talking,I don't feel like meeting people.I don't like the bonhomie.I want to be all alone,by myself surrounded with big fat books,music and paintings that I love.I want to be transported to a sun kissed beach,with the waves caressing my feet,and the orange hues of sun spreading across to welcome an idyllic dawn...I want to be under a orange blue sky,amidst lush green trees
I don't think I have all the freedom..I'm still stuck in my room...

But I really do want to take some time off from everybody and everything..do things at my pace.I wish the incessant noise in my mind,in my brain just stopped. I want to be away from the din,the cacophony,the clamor.

I want to "become comfortably numb.."

3 comments:

Rajat ~ Guitaroholic said...

Gorgeous Idea! .. Being a loner (yet not) is good at times :)

Nabanita said...

Its great that you take time off. I used to do it as a kid and I still do it. Just sit on the grass, watch the mighty Ma GANGA just flow by and than may be watch the birds in there abode making a nest and feeding the young birds. May be sit up on the terrace and the watch the constellations and wonder how small and puny we are. The best abt nature is it doesnt ask you questions just parts peace and sanctity to our troubled brains.

Unknown said...

very nicely written...but it seems your heart is looking for something ...something that is different from what you have experienced so far....even i feel the same sometimes..but my thoughts mostly use music as the medium...like when i think of mountains, i can hear the flute (pt. hariprasad chaurasia style) with some trance arpeggio being played at the backgroud...amazing !!!!