Thursday, June 25, 2009



Today I was going to the South City mall,to watch a film(Madly Bangalee) at the multiplex.At this place Taratala,I had to switch autos.As I went near the auto stand and asked which auto was south city bound, I was pointed at a direction by a person,presumably an auto driver ,and he told someone there to tell me exactly which one to get up on.While I was walking in that direction,this tall bespectacled guy in three quarter pants,and a T shirt with a stubble flipped his fingers to beckon me.I thought cool..
Two minutes later I realized he was the auto driver.More than being disappointed I was startled.In kolkata,and I presume in India,it is very easy to "classify" drivers.I don't know but somehow you just know one,when you see one..just like when you know someone is a student or a lecturer.

This bespectacled cool guy,well dressed with a stubble did not fit in at all.It was like fish out of water.I don't know why,but it startled me.

I wish everybody took a cue from this guy and dressed in a way that it would be difficult to tell who is what,what kind of a financial status they belonged to,what they do for a living.I so wish a day comes when we just can't "classify" and judge others on the basis of appearance,of any kind.

2 comments:

myriadmind said...

nice!

Nabanita said...

That is why girl you cannot judge person by how they look and what they wear. I was once watching Vertical Limit in a theater.. There was these bunch of teens wearing funky clothes and accessories trying to be all cool but they dint know English. No harm in not knowing English and coming to watch an English movie what was sad was there attitude trying to be cool and showing off. They were wrongly interpreting the movie to each other and after a while it was so irritating that one was had to stand up and say SHUT THE FCK UP.